Let’s face it.
It is not a pleasant experience when you travel with your kids.
The urgent need for the toilet, snacks or crying will make your trip worse.
Yes, the stroller makes the job easier. But the problem gets worse when the airport authority says you cannot carry the stroller due to improper packing.
Sounds horrible, right?
You can easily avoid this situation if you know how to pack stroller for air travel. Packing properly will also help you carry even more necessary things for free on the plane.
Remove the car seat from the stroller, adjust the stroller to its flattest setting, and secure, wrap, and knot it tightly. You can even use a garbage bag to wrap up the stroller to keep it clean. Add a custom tag to it to find it easily.
How to Pack A Stroller for Flight
Now, let’s see how you can pack your stroller perfectly for the flight.
Things You Will Need:
- Right stroller
- Plastic wrapping or garbage bag
Step 1: Measure the Size and Weight of The Stroller
We have said it before- you do not want to leave your stroller in the airport due to the size and weight limitation. It will be a nightmare if you cannot take it on air travel. Know the size and weight limit of the stroller and act accordingly.
Do not take any low-quality stroller to compromise with the weight and light. You will get some excellent stroller bags within the size and weight limit for air travel.
Step 2: Remove the Car Seat
If you have a car seat installed in your stroller, you need to remove it first. To do that,
- Simply press the button under the canopy in the car seat.
- Use your hand and lift it.
- Make sure the car seat is FAA approved.
Step 3: Wrap the Seat
After removing the seat, you need to wrap it to carry it on the plane. For that,
- Take a large and clean plastic wrapping bag or garbage bag.
- Secure the opening with tape or rope.
Step 4: Adjust Your Stroller to The Flattest Setting
Now simply adjust the stroller to the flattest setting. It will help you check your stroller as luggage at the airport counter. You can freely carry it if you do that.
Step 5: Secure the Stroller
It is important to secure the stroller if you want to prevent it from opening. For that,
- Take twine (2-3 pieces).
- Wrap the stroller thoroughly.
- Knot it down.
Step 6: Enclose the Stroller
Dirt is a common problem for strollers, and you do not want dirt for your baby. That is why you need to enclose the stroller. To do that,
- Take a large garbage bag or plastic bag.
- Wrap your stroller.
- Secure the opening with tape or rope.
Step 7: Label Your Bag
It is not uncommon to lose your bag when you reach your destination. Even if you do not lose it, you may experience difficulties finding it. Some airport authorities do not provide any label for your stroller. So, take a label and add it to your bag.
What to Pack in the Stroller for Air Travel?
Now you know how to bring a stroller on a plane. But do you know what to pack in it? If not, check the list below.
- Pack a set of diapers so you can change them every hour.
- You should take water to keep your baby hydrated.
- A foldable changing table will make your journey better.
- Take wet wipes to clean your baby when needed.
- Handkerchiefs will work to clean any messes.
- Put a set of underwear and pants for your baby.
- Keep a replacement pacifier if your baby drops it in case.
- A disinfected gel will also help to maintain hygiene.
- Keep a bag to dispose of the diaper.
- Always take snacks for your baby.
Along with these items, you should take some other important items including,
- Cream to fight any kind of irritation.
- Toys and colorful books.
- Baby bottle.
- Warm clothes.
Some Important Hacks for A Stroller for Air Travel
You can make your trip even better by following some amazing stroller hacks for your baby. Here are some tips.
- Always pick the best stroller for travel for comfort and convenience.
- Use stickers to recognize the stroller easily.
- Add a comfortable cushion for your baby.
- Install a battery-operated fan in summer to keep your baby cool.
- Use reflective tapes for night travel.
Tips to Handle Your Stroller Better in Flight
Handling the stroller on the trip is more important than packing. Follow the tips below to ensure better handling of your stroller in flight.
- Consider your stroller as a luggage to check it as checked luggage.
- Remove your kids and other items to let the authority check your stroller with an X-ray scan.
- Check it in the gate if it is too large to fit in the overhead bin.
- Store it in the overhead bin if the stroller is small enough.
- Collect your stroller when you reach the destination.
Tips to Protect Your Stroller Bag
Your stroller might get damaged during the trip. You need to protect the stroller bag. For that, follow the tips below.
- Always use a stroller bag to protect your stroller from dirt and germs. Make sure you pick the right stroller bag.
- Try to keep the stroller with you all the time.
- Wrap the stroller handle with foam to prevent slashing impacts.
- Use a bubble wrap or tape if you think authority might check your stroller.
- Try to avoid impact when moving the stroller.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have any confusion? Then have a look at the section below for the best result.
Not at all, you can complete your travel without the car seat. The seat is required only to ensure more comfort and safety.
Yes, you can wrap a stroller at the airport. Many airports offer this service. Make sure you know the cost before taking the offer.
You should use a bag for the stroller to keep it clean and hygienic. It is not mandatory to have.
The size limit varies from airport to airport. You should know the size limit of the airlines before traveling.
There is a chance to get your stroller damaged on the planes. Try to take the necessary measurements to protect your stroller.
The stroller cost is free for most airlines if the size is not too big. If it is too large, you may need to pay an additional bill depending on the airport charge.
You can keep the stroller either in the overhead bin or beneath your seat in the plane.
A stroller is the easiest way to carry your child.
But you may experience more hassle if you cannot carry it due to the authority’s restriction. That is why you should know how to pack stroller for air travel. It will make your journey awesome.
We all know how tough it is to travel with our kids. It will be a wise decision to pack it properly. Make sure you follow the airline’s guidelines and pick the right stroller. Always handle the stroller perfectly and keep it safe from damage. I wish you the very best and happy travel with your kids.
You May Also Like: